As we come towards the end of 2013, I have compiled a list of ‘wellness’ elements I have used which have carried me through a challenging yet very successful year. I hope you find some of them useful – feel free to book a session (phone or in person) if you’d like my help to explore your desire to make some lifestyle shifts.
These are in no particular order and are best read with a sense of humour and a ‘take it or leave it’ attitude!
- starting the day with lemon in hot water
- beetroot juice and smoothies for busy days
- Floradix (rather than Echinacea) for depleted times
- PJ days – acknowledgement of a need for quiet times
- Barefoot walks – works on so many levels
- Sage tea for various reasons
- Detox cider vinegar baths
- Singing – in the car, at home…
- as a woman, being aware of the New & Full Moons – feminine energy and all that
- short bursts on a rebounder (mini trampoline) for a healthy heart & strength
- eating a variety of pulses and grains
- observing the usefulness of carbs
- gym balls for moments of stretching, deep breathing & problem solving
- dancing like Beyonce in the privacy of my home
- Yoga for strength & flexibility
- Feldenkrais to challenge ‘patterns of use’
- Bach remedies for physical & emotional issues
- Homeopathy – also for physical & emotional issues
- music to support the mood & activity of the moment
I could go on…
It goes without saying that monthly massages (both chair and couch), friends, family and clients are also a huge part of the learning, the joy and the process of life, and in that provide immense support around my wellness.
All the very best for a restful or fun-filled Christmas time, whichever is your bag, and here’s to a promising 2014. And… if you’d like some input from me, let me know.